Monday, March 1, 2010

ENG 332: Poem #4: Prose

Solo Quiero Nietos

The first words out of his mouth I’m still gettin’ grandkids right? Literally seconds after I discovered the hidden tribe of Ashanti beating ceremonial drums in my ribcage, settled somewhere between the esophagus and lungs. He’d been shirtless and shoeless, grey hairs in places I thought should have long since gone bald when “Members Only” jackets were still in style. I don’t give a fuck who you fuck, jus’ as long as I get some grandkids. Hacking up a secret of twelve year old me seven years ago when the movie channel was just one digit away from the porn and knew I wanted to be the one touching Bunny down there instead of the lumberjack and that’s all el viejo would offer. (Or maybe he was a plumber?) I like guys too. A superb defense against the hurricane when your umbrella was made for drinks. He looks away, shrugging and not caring that I used his steak knife to fillet myself in front of him como mi primo Reynaldo en el Año Nuevo en frente la familia when he brought home his “roommate” Derrick. My organs laid out like a pile of dominoes, ready for a shuffle and play but I think my capillaries turned twizzlers when he mentioned Yo se como tu eres, esto se te va a quitar pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment