Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ENG 332: First Page of Fiction

"Be My Cinderella"

She couldn’t believe just how much attention she had attracted. At first she panicked, afraid her ruse was discovered before it even started but three vampires and a witch later, she knew her plan was working. Got no clue who’s unda here.

She wore a pale blue dress of silk with the fabric wrapping around her neck, draping heavily over her chest, alluding to breasts. Her arms and back were exposed till just above her hips where the dress tightened, giving her a definite shape in the otherwise free flowing gown. Her mask consisted of two white wings, tinted the same shade of blue as the gown, her amber eyes burning through. She wore an arm bracelet of spiraled silver that led into pearls. Her shimmering blonde hair was spun into a bun with bits of blue lace.

Spying a Cyborg Warrior she smiled and approached the group of friends. I wonda….

“ Hello.” A delicately soft voice practiced only hours ago, came from glittering lips. It took a moment for anyone in Zack’s circle to even notice.

Hell-lo gorgeous. I’m Ma... I mean all that is good. Who may you be suga?”

“ I’m Aphrodite.” replied the soft spoken beauty. One would think she was shy but her smile said something different.

“ Really, I know a little somethin’ bout Aphrodite.” Tristan announced as he appeared at her side, his chest puffed out like a rooster. He boldly wrapped his arm around her shoulders and said, “ She’s the German Goddess of sex.”

If only friends didn’t let stupid friends speak.

“ Try Greek.” Aphrodite attempted through fits of hushed giggles. She’d give herself away if she laughed any harder. “ Of love and beauty.”

“ Well excuse us, this is my favorite song.” Malik pulled his Rajah away.

“ Yes, Mai…Let’s DANCE.” Although Anna was not as excited to dance with her lover as Malik. Thankfully enough for Mai’s physical wellbeing, Anna missed her whispering the words “call me”.

“ Uh, Yami?” The pharaoh turned to his slave and smiled.

“ Why yes of course.” And the two excused themselves as well.

“ So how...” before he could finish, Tristan was interrupted by another mysterious voice.

“ Hello there.” The three that remained looked up to see yet another goddess.

She wore a strapless red wine ballroom gown that suffocated her upper body but puffed out into smooth layers down to the floor. Curly raven locks were held back loosely by a clip and a diamond tiara adorned her head. She wore a black satin sash across her torso that matched her mask, contrasting drastically against her startling green eyes.

She stood twisting a curl with a gloved finger and asked. “ May I have this dance?” Almost immediately, Tristan’s arm slipped off Aphrodite and took hold of Duchess’ hand.

Talk about rude.

“ I’m sorry, he has his moments.” Zack shrugged. “ Um, I’d hate to leave such a pretty lady alone but I gotta go. Bad.”

Aphrodite looked down at the small boy and smiled. Smooth move Zack. “ It’s okay.” Zack only nodded before running off. Wat now?

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment