Monday, February 22, 2010

ENG 332: Poem #3: EXprientmental

I'm 19 years old. There are 19 sentences. Not a single sentence here coincide with another save the first and last. they are all random thoughts & events that occur & are NOT in any order other than stream of consciousness. ;)

19 Fragments
by Navil Gomez

I woke screaming.
For a girl who’s nickname alluded to beauty, her kisses tasted like ash and cinders.
The chocolate was the size of his head but David promised he’d eat it in sections over a period of weeks to savor the huge morsel.
We called him “Roach” not because he smoked but because he smuggled in an aerosol can of Raid into his coat one day.
Constance had bitten Hector’s finger so hard it tore off a good chunk of flesh but the fact that he never bled freaked my the fuck out.
I wasn’t a women of God but I’d swear to Him, if I got called ‘stupid’ one more time, I was going to knock my Viejo into next week.
Mike had a heart problem.
Marlboros taste better than Newports.
I thought I was going to die when I heard a crack somewhere along my spine but it could have easily been the pen David had so kindly given me not five minutes before you came rampaging down the hall but I would never know because the rest is all a blur.
I hated her laugh.
Honest to God, that was a mistake.
A bottle of Ambient never looked so tasty.
I watched some dude in full cosplay destroy both dance panels of DDR Extreme.
Lawrence taught me there’s more than one way to smoke it.
Her name’s really Esma but she went to Europe, did some coke, learned how to line her eyes black, and was baptized Emma.
I was the only one looking forward to a baby I’d never have.
Somehow the words I still love you didn’t help my arm broken in three places but maybe if I kept that to myself, you wouldn’t hit me again.
We laughed so hard we ran out of breath and fell on top of each other in a heap in front of the teacher who later gave us three days detention in the trailers with the clean-enough toilets to take an uninterrupted shit.
The nightmares never stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment