I've been sort of hesitant to mention this, but I believe that one of your employees--you must know the one I speak of--is a beaver. It's impossible to look into her face, to hear the sounds she makes, and to see the way she moves, the way she carries bits of wood, and to not feel that this is a beaver. I've not mentioned this before because, obviously, beavers are powerful creatures.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
ENG 332: Ode to the dude who wrote "Letters to Wendy's"
So last semester I had a really trippy prof. named Liu. if you're into some SERIOUS contemporary poetry, take him, trust me, you'll walk away with something pretty awesome. lol. Anywho, one of the writers we went over in class was Joe Wenderoth and the dud pretty much sticks to non-fiction but has an entire anthology called "Letters to Wendy's" which was this guy's ode to wendy's, the fast-food joint. He literally ate lunch there everyday for a whole year and wrote his poems on the backs of the comment cards. The following is one of my favorite ones...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm literally laughing out loud. This is hilarious and I'm totally going to look into reading some of his other writing. :)
ReplyDelete